Q. From my MRI reports, how long will the cut on top of my knee take to heal?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I got a deep cut on the top of my knee, that is, a laceration. In the MRI, it says that there is a partial ACL tear, LCL sprain, and a longitudinal tear in the medial meniscus. I have 15 stitches on top of my knee. Currently, I am taking rest with braces on the knee. I have kept the knee straight from a month. I do not have a fracture. How long will it take to heal?

#

• There are two things that you need to be aware of. The damage outside the knee, that is, the cut you are mentioning will take two weeks to heal, and sutures should have been taken out by now if the wound healed without an infection.
  • The damage within the knee, that is, the partial ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear is a very inadequate term, and it tells us very little. Assuming that the ACL is only partially torn, means that the stability can only be tested once you come out of the knee brace and start doing normal things like running, twisting, squatting, etc.
  • LCL (lateral collateral ligament) strain will heal in 4 to 6 weeks. The medial meniscus tear will not heal unless it is in the red zone. At this stage, without examining you and without looking at the MRI films, I will not be able to comment any further.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|