Q. How long can I continue using Mirtazapine for anxiety?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
This is a premium question & answer published on May 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2019

I am an anxiety patient with 80 kg weight and 5.5 height. I am using the Mirtazapine tablet for a year. I have withdrawn it some times but faced some panic attacks. Please suggest to me how long I can continue this?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

1. Mirtazapine is an effective antidepressant medicine used to treat depression and anxiety disorders.

2. What dose are you taking? It can usually be from 15 mg to 45 mg depending on response and tolerability.

3. You need to take it daily for at least six months to a year, possibly longer. You will need to have regular reviews while taking the medications.

4. Also, try to get some counseling and talking therapy as well, to manage the anxiety.

| 

Why am I getting heavy shoulders and tingly arms when I forget my vitamin supplement?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing heavy shoulders, and then my hands and legs are feeling heavy and tingly. I can feel it go up to my neck and face at times. But the main symptom is heavy shoulders. I do have low vitamin D and B. I forgot to take my supplements for almost a week. When I forget, my le...  Read Full »

Is it safe to drop down Mirtazapine and Xanor at the same time?

Query: Hello doctor, I was taking 30 mg Mirtazapine for 10 weeks before being told by the doctor to take 45 mg three weeks ago. I have now been told to drop it back to 30 mg a day. I also have been taking Xanor 0.25 mg for past six months. For the first two weeks, I took two tablets a day then was told to...  Read Full »