Q. How long can I continue using Mirtazapine for anxiety?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
This is a premium question & answer published on May 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am an anxiety patient with 80 kg weight and 5.5 height. I am using the Mirtazapine tablet for a year. I have withdrawn it some times but faced some panic attacks. Please suggest to me how long I can continue this?

#

1. Mirtazapine is an effective antidepressant medicine used to treat depression and anxiety disorders.

2. What dose are you taking? It can usually be from 15 mg to 45 mg depending on response and tolerability.

3. You need to take it daily for at least six months to a year, possibly longer. You will need to have regular reviews while taking the medications.

4. Also, try to get some counseling and talking therapy as well, to manage the anxiety.

|