Q. Is it advisable to take Fetzima in a depression patient?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Oct 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2019

I was just wondering about a medication. Can depression and anger issue get worse with Fetzima if only taken for a day?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

Fetzima (Levomilnacipran) is an SNRI type of antidepressant used to treat major depressive disorder. When was the medication started and what is the dose you are on? Usually it will take about a week or so for you to get used to the medication and therapeutic effects will be apparent in around a month or so. Some patients can experience anxiety, agitation, irritability when starting the medication but they settle soon as your body adjusts to the medicine.

Fetzima extended release capsule is usually started at around 20 mg once daily and then gradually increased to 40 mg once daily. Depending on your response and tolerability, dose can be adjusted between 40 mg to 120 mg once daily. Continue regular reviews with your prescribing doctor. If sideeffects persist, consult your doctor for an earlier review. Take care.

Will the usage of antidepressant medicines have any adverse effect on sex life?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 19 years. I am on antidepressant tablets like Paroxetine prolonged-release, Clonazepam, Mirtazapine, and Dosulepin. I have a problem with erection and do not have a sex drive. Will these medicines have any adverse effects on my sex life? What should I do?  Read Full »

Can depression be a cause for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gastric problem for the last one and a half month. I lost 4 kg due to depression. I did my whole body checkup and all the reports are clear. But, I am having pain in my right hand muscle as well as have body pain. Is it due to depression? I studied about leukemia on i...  Read Full »

Are crying without reason, feeling useless and demotivated related to depression?

Query: Hello doctor, Do I have depression? I need to know because I think it will be a whole lot easier if I know and admit it myself. Last night I was crying without reason, it has been like this for five years now. I can go on not going out of my room for a week without eating and every time I worry too...  Read Full »