Q. Are my chest pain, breathing difficulty, headaches, and dizziness only because of anxiety?

Dr. Rajendran R. Nayar

I am 25-years-old male, and I am overweight. And recently, I have been suffering from chest pain, difficulty in breathing, palpitations, nausea, headaches, and dizziness. I also feel a skipping heartbeat. I am currently taking Metformin, Propranolol, Calcium, Quetiapine, and Sustanon.

When I consulted my doctor, he said this is all because of anxiety and nothing to worry about. I am aware that this could be anxiety, but I have an indescribable feeling that something is alarming. I have dealt with anxiety and depression for over 15 years and have never been feeling like this.

Kindly help.

#

I understand you are having chest discomfort, palpitation, breathlessness, dizziness, nausea, and headache.

As your symptoms need evaluation, I suggest you get an ECG (electrocardiogram), chest x-ray, echocardiogram of heart, pulmonary function tests, blood tests to evaluate electrolytes, thyroid functions, complete blood counts, lipid levels, blood sugar levels, and sleep studies.

Quetiapine can cause postural hypotension and dizziness and rarely prolong the QT (wave lead in ECG) interval on ECG.

I hope I have answered your query.

Thanks.

|