Q. Are nausea, loose stools and wet mouth related to GERD?

Dr. Noushif M

I have GERD and was recently diagnosed with equivocal H. pylori after symptoms of wet mouth (not to the point of drooling), mild intermittent nausea (no gag or vomit) and minor upper abdomen discomfort. I completed the triple treatment (two antibiotics, Omeprazole) three weeks ago. The upper abdomen discomfort is gone. I still have mild intermittent nausea and loose stools and pretty consistent wet mouth (though still no drooling or spitting). Can this be GERD related? H. pylori possibly not eradicated? Or something entirely different such as C. diff, SIBO, etc? I have a follow up with my primary next week but cannot get in to see a GI for another month. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

Nothing to worry. The loose stools may be secondary to antibiotics which you had. You can have some probiotics if it is persistent.

Hope you have modified your diet and daily activities to reduce GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

Judicious use of Omeprazole or Rantac (Ranitidine) can help you in case of recurrent GERD.

Hope your queries have been cleared.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|