Q. Are nausea, loose stools and wet mouth related to GERD?

Dr. Noushif. M
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2022

I have GERD and was recently diagnosed with equivocal H. pylori after symptoms of wet mouth (not to the point of drooling), mild intermittent nausea (no gag or vomit) and minor upper abdomen discomfort. I completed the triple treatment (two antibiotics, Omeprazole) three weeks ago. The upper abdomen discomfort is gone. I still have mild intermittent nausea and loose stools and pretty consistent wet mouth (though still no drooling or spitting). Can this be GERD related, or something entirely different such as C. diff, SIBO, etc? I have a follow up with my primary next week but cannot get in to see a GI for another month. Thank you in advance for any advice.

#

Nothing to worry. The loose stools may be secondary to antibiotics which you had. You can have some probiotics if it is persistent. Hope you have modified your diet and daily activities to reduce GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Judicious use of Omeprazole or Rantac (Ranitidine) can help you in case of recurrent GERD. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them, and take medications with their consent.

Hope your queries have been cleared.

|