Q. I have head, neck, and shoulder pain and always feeling dizzy. Please advise.

Dr. Gursimran
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2020

I have a discomfort in the neck and shoulder for the past year. However, sometimes there is a headache and mild pain in the neck. I have taken physiotherapist's help for quite some time, but the problem is still persistent. I feel it may be a neuro problem. I am not able to control my neck movement and feeling dizzy. There always a sudden increase in my heartbeat. Shaking and shivering may be related to anxiety, but I still think I do not have an anxiety problem; it only happens when I speak. It does not happen if I do not speak. However, symptoms are reducing at a very slow rate from the last few months. But there is an improvement in the shaking of the neck. Please advise further for headache, neck, and shoulder pain.

Dr. Gursimran

Neurology
#

I feel sorry for your problems. Headache and neck pain with shivering is not a very common problem. Is the neck pain more on folding your neck? And has the headache increases recently, and is there any vomiting? It could be an anxiety disorder. An anxiolytics should be taken, which can be prescribed by a practitioner in person.

We need to discuss this in detail now.

1. Please tell me the exact duration of the headache.

2. Is the headache and neck pain one-sided?

3. Whenever a headache starts, does it begin mildly and increases in time over three to four hours?

4. How about vomiting and nausea?

5. Do you also feel that you should rest when the headache is there?

| 

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

Usually, headache and neck pain are one-sided, but this after sometimes spreads to both sides. Headache happens once or twice in a month. Discomfort in the neck is always present. I feel like neck and shoulder muscles have become very weak that I have lost control over movements. When a headache occurs, I take Disprin, and it provides me immediate relief in a couple of hours. There is no feeling of vomiting, and just a little dizziness is present. I lost concentration in any work overtime due to constant discomfort in the neck, shoulder, and heaviness in the head. There is more discomfort when I wake up in the morning, and over the day, it decreases. I am waiting for your response.

Dr. Gursimran

Neurology
#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

I think that is a good detail that you have given. I suggest taking Beta-blockers (Propranolol) 20 mg once daily. And Tablet Naxdom (Naproxen) 500 mg have whenever more headache is there. But do not take Naxdom more than twice a week. It would be best if you also made a note of what triggers your headache. Common triggers are sunlight exposure, alteration in sleep hours, staying hungry for a while, and bus traveling.

| 

Thank you so much doctor.

Dr. Gursimran

Neurology
#

You are most welcome.

| 

If I need any help in future, will ping you doctor. Thanks for the consultation.

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article