Q. Why do I feel suicidal tendency so often?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I feel depressed, anxious and I get panic attacks. I have a suicidal tendency too.

I do not find a purpose in my life. I tried several times to start it fresh but in the end, it comes to the same suicidal tendency.

#

Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation.

You may have an anxiety disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it. You should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.

You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk. If possible join the gym or swim, it will boost confidence in you.

You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Just sit in one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing. Do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let it be. It will help you to relax.

You should eat healthy, home-cooked food, and avoid junk food.

You must drink enough water.

You should spend quality time with friends and family daily, or do video calls if you are living away from your family.

You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills or language or musical instruments.

You should take seven to eight hours of sleep daily.

You must avoid tobacco, alcohol, or any substance abuse.

Live your life. Do not just spend it. Be bold and confident.

Do not be afraid of anyone. Stop overthinking. You should stand in front of the mirror and make eye contact with yourself and talk to yourself.

You should start taking the tablet Escitalopram (Escitalopram oxalate) 10 mg daily in the morning and the tablet Clonazepam 0.5 mg daily at night.

Please let me know if you want some further help.

Thank you for your response.

That is the problem that I do not feel like doing anything.

#

You will have to push yourself to come out of this. You have to give effort to it.

You should start medications as I suggested you. It will help you but your efforts are needed to come out of this.

|