Q. Had an appendectomy last week, they started me on antibiotics, Flagyl, through an IV. Would this affect my birth control?

Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Appendectomy or Flagyl? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had an appendectomy last week and they have started me on antibiotics, Flagyl, through an IV. Would this affect my birth control? Should I be using other protection?