I suddenly started having severe pain all over my stomach yesterday. I took injections for pain, vomiting, and gas from the nearby clinic. But the pain did not stop, and it continued till the evening. Then I went to a hospital, where I was told it might be an appendix and to ensure that an ultrasound scan should be taken. But after a while, I felt completely normal and returned without doing any tests. I did request for a prescription, in case if the pain comes back. I did a urine test, and it is normal.
Now there is only a dull pain at the right bottom side of my abdomen, and it hurts a bit when I touch there. Could it be an appendix, and should I rush for medical assistance? As I am having my exams, I have to wait for two weeks to approach the doctor.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I can understand your unavoidable necessity to delay the treatment.
1) Based on the description of your stomach pain, it might be due to an appendicitis.
2) Another possibility for similar pain is kidney stones, but this was excluded from the normal urine report.
3) You must do the USG (ultrasound) abdomen and also continue treatment for pain and inflammation.
4) If the USG abdomen shows appendicitis, then you must undergo surgery, as medical management of appendicitis might cause repeated episodes in the future.
5) Recovery after this operation is quick and probably you would be able to appear in the exam also.
USG abdomen, CBC (complete blood count).Differential diagnosis:
Right ureteric calculi.Probable diagnosis:
Follow up with the general surgeon.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Ultrasound shows mild post-operation fluid build-up ... I am having pain in the right lower abdomen for the past three to four days ... This inflammatory fluid irritates the ... Read fullI have stomach pain and sweating in the head after gay encounter. Am I at the risk of HIV?
.. has a window period of one to three months during which the test results can be a false negative. Homosexual exposures have a higher risk of HIV transmission than other modes. According to WHO (world health organization), all test results of HIV a... Read fullI have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?
.. stools are not a good sign. Kindly do a stool examination and visit your family physician for a thorough check-up, so that he can determine the exact cause for your discomfort. There are many reasons like peptic ulcer, a bacterial infection of th... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now