Q. Suffering from autophony. Will tuboplasty provide a permanent relief?

Dear doctor,

I am a 19 year old male. From the last three years, I have been facing the symptoms of Patulous Eustachian Tube with the eustachian tubes partially open few times in a day. My own voice becomes distorted and sounds like it is coming from a vacuum.

Breath sounds are enhanced and swallowing and chewing becomes disturbingly loud as they vibrate inside my own ears. I had previously consulted a doctor and after following his medication there was a temporary relief but after 3 to 4 months, those symptoms have again started occurring but not severe and, it occurs for a short time and when I suck air by closing my mouth and nose, the heaviness of sound diminishes.

The problem with my left ear is more severe than the right one and left ear shows disturbing signs more frequently. Please help.