Q. Can I use fan or AC for my 3 days old baby?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Published on Apr 12, 2017

I am a new mother delivered a 3.7 kg baby boy through C-section before three days. I stay abroad and came to my mom's place only for delivery. As it is getting hot now, I am feeling tough and dehydrated. People around me say that I should not put the baby in AC room, directly under the fan, etc. I am now worried. How to get along this summer? If I start using AC in my room what precautions and steps to be taken to ensure baby's health and safety? Your valuable pieces of advice are very much appreciated.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• You can use both fan as well as AC (air conditioner) according to your wish.
  • Only thing is you need to keep your baby little away while using the fan as your baby's nose might get blocked. So, using AC is the best option.
  • There is no special precaution required. As usual keep your baby in baby lit covered with cap, gloves, and socks all the time.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

One Single Food for a Newborn's Complete Needs

Article Overview: A complete guide to wellness and health benefits of breastfeeding your little loved one. It is a unique bond of affection, love and care that leaves positive impact on the baby's life forever. Read Article

Mother's breast milk is a complete diet for the newborn that suffices all the needs of the baby for the start of a healthy life. Breast milk is: Easily digestible and is a completely nutritive, having all the necessary nutrients. Full of immunoglobulin (to save the baby from disease causing ...  Read Article

Please suggest a medicine for my baby's gas problem.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 28 days old. She is suffering from gas problem. I am not sure if it is colic pain as she does not cry a lot, but she is struggling to pass gas. She is squeezing her entire body to pass gas and due to this, she is not able to sleep properly. She will wake up in the middle of...  Read Full »

How to know whether your breast milk is sufficient for the baby?

Article Overview: Breast milk is a nature's gift to provide the entire nutrition required for a newborn. In this article, I have highlighted the importance of breastfeeding, a few breastfeeding tips and advise to breastfeeding mothers. I have also explained the ways to understand if the breast milk is sufficient for your baby. Read Article

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Lactation Counselor

Breast milk is the nutrition which nature has provided and is packed with all that is required for your baby till 6 months of age. Importance of Breastfeeding: A new born healthy baby has to be started on exclusive breastfeeding as early as possible after birth and continued till 6 months of age...  Read Article