Q. Can I use fan or AC for my 3 days old baby?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I am a new mother delivered a 3.7 kg baby boy through C-section before three days. I stay abroad and came to my mom's place only for delivery. As it is getting hot now, I am feeling tough and dehydrated. People around me say that I should not put the baby in AC room, directly under the fan, etc. I am now worried. How to get along this summer? If I start using AC in my room what precautions and steps to be taken to ensure baby's health and safety? Your valuable pieces of advice are very much appreciated.

#

• You can use both fan as well as AC (air conditioner) according to your wish.
  • Only thing is you need to keep your baby little away while using the fan as your baby's nose might get blocked. So, using AC is the best option.
  • There is no special precaution required. As usual keep your baby in baby lit covered with cap, gloves, and socks all the time.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|