My daughter is 2 years old. For the past one week, she has had a severe cold, cough, and mild fever. Still, there is no improvement. Kindly help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Please do the following investigations first:
CBC (complete blood count), CRP (c-reactive protein), PSMP (peripheral smear for the malarial parasite), Dengue NS1 IgG IgM spot test (dengue antigen NS1 and immunoglobulin G and immunoglobulin M antibody), SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase test), Xray Chest, urine routine, and microscopy. Would you please document the temperatures with a thermometer? We need to know how high the temperature is and how many times in a day it comes. I would suggest the following medications:
1. Syrup Levolin 2.5 mL (Levosalbutamol) twice a day for five to seven days.
2. Syrup Cetirizine 2.5 mL once a day for three to five days.
3. Nebulization with Duolin (Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium bromide) 1/2 respule and 2 mL Normal Saline thrice a day. Nebulization with Budecort (Budesonide inhaler) 1/2 respule and 2 mL Normal Saline for two to three days if cough is very severe.
4. Syrup Augmentin duo (Amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate oral suspension) 5 mL twice a day for five days.
5. Syrup Nutrolin B 2.5 mL (Lactic acid bacillus with nicotinamide and pyridoxine hydrochloride) twice a day for five days.
Please do not follow any home-based therapy like hot water drinking or steam inhalation, using ajwain, tulsi, etc. We can make changes in the treatment after we get the test results and the documentation of temperature. You can visit a nearby hospital if the condition of the baby is bad.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. your history, I can suggest please go to pediatrician urgently. May be need to do abdominal sonogram because green color vomiting is unsual in 4 years old children, sometimes there may be lying some intestine problem like obstruction. I am not mak... Read fullIs it advisable to give Paracetamol with Dolowin Plus to a child for fever?
.. understand your concerns. Dolowin plus has already got Paracetamol in it so there is no need to give Paracetamol with Dolowin plus. You can give Dolowin plus every four hourly if fever persists. If there is a fever in spite of giving it, then cold... Read fullFight Common Cold the Naturopathic Way
.. and body pain associated with the common cold make it more challenging to deal with. Here are some natural ways to ease your symptoms and boost your immune system to fight the virus off .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Paediatrician Now