Q. Why has my child not started walking by his own?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 01, 2022

It is regarding my son. He is 14 months and 1 week old. He has not started to walk on his own but has started to crawl at 12 months. Is there a problem with his leg muscle?

#

Do not worry. Some children are a little slow. The very fact that the child is able to crawl shows that leg muscles are working fine and have enough strength to lift the weight of the body. Give the child some time, and he should be able to walk also. You can supplement the child with calcium and vitamin D to provide more strength and nutrition.

Can you recommend what type of supplement I can give him?

#

I suggest giving him Syrup Calcimax P 2.5 ml (calcium) twice a day along with Arbivit D3 drops 1 ml (Vitamin D3) once a day for three months. If no improvement occurs in the next three months, please get an X-ray lower limb done.

|