Vitamin D3

What is the ideal vitamin D3 level for an adult?

Query: My Vitamin D3 test result shows 18.9 ng.ML. What is the ideal Vitamin D3 level for an adult? Should I take any Vitamin supplements? Also experiencing fatigue  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Dear. Levels of Vitamin D3 varies from lab to lab. Check your lab reference values. From my hosp lab reference range it's slightly low. In our population, it has been found that slightly low levels of Vitamin d3 are normal. So before guiding you for any treatment I would like to know your age , wei...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Vitamin A and D3 to manage acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask for an consultation for my supplementary intake. I am starting today to intake Vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate 3000 mcg, 10000 IU) and Vitamin D3 (25 mcg, 1000 IU) once daily. I am taking it because of its skin benefits since I am struggling with acne, but generally ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for asking question, as you have mentioned you are taking Vitamin A and D3, it is good for skin and you can continue taking it, but see at the age of 19 years which is teenage, so in young age, there will be many endocrinal hormonal changes will happen so firs...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to do straight leg exercise post meniscal tear?

Query: Hello doctor, Almost a year ago, I tore my meniscus. I was told no surgery needed and did PT for severe muscle atrophy for 12 weeks. Everything was going well. Then quarantine happened and leg started getting weaker due to lack of normal physical activity. Now my knee hurts, feels weak sometimes wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, there is a loss of bulk and muscle atrophy due to reflex inhibition in patients with injuries of the knee. Exercises and rehab usually prevent it. You need to elaborate on certain details. Do you take a high protein diet? Did your back hurt as well? What is...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for me getting back pain, tired, sleepy feel and foot inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have back pain, tiredness, more sleepy feeling, and inflammation on the foot.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from back pain, tiredness, more sleepy feeling, and inflammation on foot. I have gone through your investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) result and found that you...  Read Full »

Are inflammation and burning sensation in the foot and hands due to vitamin D3 deficiency?

Query: Vitamin d3 deficiency (11 units).....consuming tablet D well aq as prescribed by doctor....its been 2 months since I am consuming my tablets....but there is inflammation and burning sensation on my foot and hands...I am 18 years old....weight 43 kg....height 5'3"....How do i get rid of the inflammat...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Burning sensation in foot and hand suggest neuropathy. It can be due to various causes or can be idiopathic. We need to rule out any organic cause. You can start some medications for now. Share pictures showing inflammation as you have mentioned.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sharp stabbing pain in the flank?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male in reasonable health other than a back problem that leaves me unable to sleep. I am having sharp stabbing pain in my left flank, only when I lay in bed and change positions. I am negative for kidney stones, so assume it is spinal nerve related. I only get reli...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. There is a possibility of spinal disc bulge leading to back pain. I will advise you to do MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) spine to see for any disc bulge or spinal canal stenosis. And also check your vitamin B12 and vitamin D3 levels. Medi...  Read Full »

22-months-old baby attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. ...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water a...  Read Full »

Why are my uric acid levels always high?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Is my chest pain due to vitamin D3 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor,Four months ago, I consulted you on this platform for premature complexes which I was having without any other symptoms. Below is my query and your answer - I am a male of 48 years of age. I have a lean build and do regular exercise. Since childhood, I had a tendency for heart palpitat...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the overall picture, the problem appears to be a minor one and not worrisome. The likely cause of the pain is chest muscle strain. It is less likely to be related to vitamin D as it is just borderline, not very low and also not related to supplements. Once...  Read Full »

Why do I have leg pain when I stop taking vitamin D3 supplements?

Query: Hello doctor, It all started with leg pain some two years ago. At that time my vitamin D3 level was only 8. Then, I took Uprise-D3 60000 weekly dose for two months. I was cured and fine. But after six months, the problem started again. I did my blood tests again and it...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you have myalgia. I suggest that you take Tablet vitamin D 5000 IU (international units) once daily. Tablet A to Z (Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Zinc, Folic acid, Methylcobalamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vit...  Read Full »