Vitamin D3

What is the treatment for sharp stabbing pain in the flank?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male in reasonable health other than a back problem that leaves me unable to sleep. I am having sharp stabbing pain in my left flank, only when I lay in bed and change positions. I am negative for kidney stones, so assume it is spinal nerve related. I only get reli...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. There is a possibility of spinal disc bulge leading to back pain. I will advise you to do MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) spine to see for any disc bulge or spinal canal stenosis. And also check your vitamin B12 and vitamin D3 levels. Medi...  Read Full »

22-months-old baby attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. ...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water a...  Read Full »

Why are my uric acid levels always high?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Is my chest pain due to vitamin D3 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor,Four months ago, I consulted you on this platform for premature complexes which I was having without any other symptoms. Below is my query and your answer - I am a male of 48 years of age. I have a lean build and do regular exercise. Since childhood, I had a tendency for heart palpitat...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the overall picture, the problem appears to be a minor one and not worrisome. The likely cause of the pain is chest muscle strain. It is less likely to be related to vitamin D as it is just borderline, not very low and also not related to supplements. Once...  Read Full »

Why do I have leg pain when I stop taking vitamin D3 supplements?

Query: Hello doctor, It all started with leg pain some two years ago. At that time my vitamin D3 level was only 8. Then, I took Uprise-D3 60000 weekly dose for two months. I was cured and fine. But after six months, the problem started again. I did my blood tests again and it...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you have myalgia. I suggest that you take Tablet vitamin D 5000 IU (international units) once daily. Tablet A to Z (Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Zinc, Folic acid, Methylcobalamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vit...  Read Full »

I have tiredness and vitamin D3 deficiency. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 51 years old feeling frequent lower back pain and tiredness. BP, sugar and other tests are normal but my vitamin D3 is deficient. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Vineeth Varma

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency is one of the common cause of generalized body pain. It is more frequent in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women. Back pain can also be due to osteoporosis or degenerative (age-related) spine changes. It is better you start taking Calcium and ...  Read Full »

Is there any need to give Calcium drops with Vitamin D3 sachet in 4 months old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 4 months old. The doctor prescribed her Vitamin D3 sachet to be given stat and next after 45 days. So, is there any need of giving calcium drops along with it?   Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D3 drops are regularly advised to infants. But Vitamin D3 sachet is only advised in diagnosed cases of vitamin D deficiency. The need for calcium supplement is based on the type of deficiency. Normally, no supplementation of calcium is required. Please share ...  Read Full »

Why has my child not started walking by his own?

Query: Hi doctor, It is regarding my son. He is 14 months and 1 week old. He has not started to walk by his own but started to crawl since 12 months. Is there a problem with his leg muscle?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. Some children are a little slow. The very fact that the child is able to crawl shows that leg muscles are working fine and have enough strength to lift the weight of the body. Give the child some time and he should be able to walk also. You can supplement ...  Read Full »