Q. How can I cure my lower back pain due to weight-lifting?

I have lower back pain. I believe it occurred when I was lifting stuff in the house. I am 30 years old, 170 cm tall and weighs about 90 kg. Please advice.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

You have caused sprain of muscles or a ligament of lower back due to trauma which is causing pain. You need to start NSAIDs and muscle relaxants for a few days and if possible an X-ray LS spine (lumbosacral) to look for bone architecture. Avoid forward bending and weightlifting.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Can you provide me a sick note for today, only for work purposes?

#

There are no options available for issuing prescription or sick note. However, you need to rest for 48 hours. Avoid work, preferably take 48 hours leave from office work that will help for early recovery.

| 

Related Video

Can Aleve and Goody's powder cause stomach upset?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a migraine, so I took two tablets of Aleve. It did not work, so I took Goody's powder, but the pain was still there, so I took another one. The migraine pain has gone, but my stomach seems to be upset.  Read Full »

Why do my kidneys hurt when I cough?

Query: Hello doctor, Five years ago, I had a kidney stone but it was small and went through the urine. Now, the problem is, I got common cold, fever, and cough. Common cold and fever were gone after taking medicine but the cough remains. I thought it will be alright after some time but it did not get bett...  Read Full »

Nausea and stomach pain after taking Panadol.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 27 years old, 50 kg, 162 cm. Just before sleeping at 11:30 AM, I took two Panadol advance pills and one Muscerol 3 pill altogether. I have not eaten for the last five hours earlier. Later that night, I woke up around 2 AM feeling nausea which lasted for a few minutes. S...  Read Full »