Q. What can be the cause of pain in the upper back and neck?

Dr. Ruth Debine D. Agustin

I was advised to take Naproxen, Gabarich 300 mg and Pantop 40 mg for my upper back and neck pain. Can you please tell me if Gabarich is a painkiller and with what to substitute for Naproxen and Gabarich for pain in my upper back and neck? I must remind you that I am on antidepressants.

#

• Your complaints of upper back pain and neck pain point to a musculoskeletal cause, probably a muscular spasm. However, it would be prudent to check for other causes such as osteoarthritis and nerve impingement, initially through X-rays.
  • Naproxen belongs to a family of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAID). These medications act on the musculoskeletal system to control pain. Other NSAIDs that can be used as substitutes are Celecoxib and Etoricoxib.
  • Gabarich 300 is Gabapentin, a pain killer that acts specifically on the nerves to control neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is described as tingling, shock-like or electricity-like. If you are experiencing this kind of pain, then this medication will help you. A similar drug is Pregabalin. Neuropathic pain usually is due to nerve impingement.

Addressing your pain would involve identifying the cause of the pain first. I hope this helps.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|