Q. Why is there pain in lower back when I lie on a sofa or bed?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2019

I have pain in the lower back when I lay on a sofa or bed. When I stand, I have the pain in my back. This symptom appears only in the evening. It never happens in the morning or afternoon. I have taken X-ray and analytics. The results are:

1. SV 1 spina bifida.
  2. There is a mild tilt of the lumbar spine to the left side.
  3. ESR for the first hour is 42.
  4. The second hour is 79.
  5. ASO: Negative.
  6. CRP: positive 15.2.
  7. RF: Negative.

I took medicine to cure sedimentation rate for only a month before two years.

#

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms (local back pain when laying) could be related to the spina bifida. I do not think that there is any bulging disc or nerve compression. Anyway, I would recommend performing a lumbar spine MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) study to examine the spine better. I would recommend performing physiotherapy to improve your situation. Local warm packs can also be helpful too.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|