Q. What can cause bloody diarrhea and vomiting?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

From yesterday, I am suffering from loose motions and vomiting. I do not feel fever, but, whatever I eat, I feel it is in my throat. I feel vomiting sensation. I feel very weak, drowsy and not able to do my normal work. Also, felt left side shoulder and chest discomfort. My age is 31 and I do not have any bad habits. I have high triglycerides around 345 and other lipid levels are normal. For the past two years, my triglycerides are in this range only. I have taken Pantop 40 mg, some tablets for stopping motion and Nicip pain killer for left side chest and shoulder pain. I feel tightness also, but doctors confirmed it is not a heart problem, Three days back, I ate sweets and since then I feel very discomfort. Four months back, I have undergone ECG, TMT and other tests which showed all normal. Kindly do the needful. Thank you.

#

We are here to help you.

• Most of the times the diarrhea are viral in origin and it improves within three to five days without any antibiotic therapy. But, since you have got blood in stools, we would consider it to be bacterial dysentery.
  • I would recommend for you antibiotics like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. You should also take probiotics containing Lactobacillus, which helps a lot.
  • You should consume yoghurt in diet that also acts as a very good natural probiotic.
  • In case you have any persistent vomitings you would require antiemetics like Domperidone and Ondansetron.
  • Drink plenty of oral rehydration salts (ORS) for the purpose of rehydration.
  • Make sure you are passing urine frequently. If the urine is yellowish in color, then it indicates persistent dehydration or jaundice.
  • Now, as far as your chest pain is concerned, it seems to be anxiety or gastric related. Take a combination of Rabeprazole and Levosulpiride for a few days.
  • Avoid tablet Nicip, it contains Nimesulide and hence should be best avoided. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with consent.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|