Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Will you suggest some good medicine to get quick relief from vaginal infection?

Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2018

Hi doctor,

My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. She continuously scratches her vagina. She went to a doctor and got tablet Forcan 150 mg, Hhzole cream, tablet Dazit 5 mg and Hhlevo 5 mg. Still she is suffering a lot. Please suggest some good medicine for quick relief. Thank you.

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to

Your wife seems to be suffering from vaginal candidiasis or in simple terms fungal infection which presents as vaginal itching and thick white curdy discharge from vagina.

She has already been prescribed Fluconazole 150 mg and local application of Clotrimazole cream for external application thrice a day.

The other tablets Dazit (Desloratidine) and Hhlevo (Levocetirizine) are antacid and antihistaminic respectively. Antihistaminic is prescribed to get relief from itch.

I think, if she has not been relieved from itching at all after Forcan then it is likely to be a mixed vaginosis.

Please follow my prescription given below:

  1. Clingen vaginal pessary one tablet to be placed deep inside vagina daily just before going to sleep for seven days.
  2. Tablet Clindamycin 150 mg twice a day for five days.
  3. Continue Hhzole (combination of Mometasone Furoate and Clotrimazole) cream local application outside over vulva thrice a day.
  4. Repeat tablet Forcan 150 mg again after two days.
  5. Continue Hhlevo 5 mg twice a day for symptomatic relief from itching.
  6. Avoid intercourse completely as you may contact infection from her. So, no sex till she completes course or is treated.

The Probable causes:

Vaginal candidiasis + bacterial vaginosis, mixed vaginosis.

Investigations to be done:

High vaginal swab for culture to confirm diagnosis.

Differential diagnosis:

Bacterial vaginosis/mixed vaginosis.

Probable diagnosis:

Mixed vaginosis.

Preventive measures:

Avoid sex till the treatment gets completed.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back after 24 hours for follow up to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.--->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?
Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?
I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce plus cream for a vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

How is a vaginal infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.