Q. Is there any way to treat BV while being 34 weeks pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Tara Devi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Bacterial Vaginosis or Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Is there any way that I can treat BV while being 34 weeks pregnant? I had Metronidazole gel and suppositories and they did not work. The smell is pretty uncomfortable plus I have HPV. So, I do not know if that is associated with the smell too. BTW is BV contagious?