Q. Is there any way to treat BV while being 34 weeks pregnant?

Dr. Tara Devi
Published on Aug 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 21, 2019

Is there any way that I can treat BV while being 34 weeks pregnant? I had Metronidazole gel and suppositories and they did not work. The smell is pretty uncomfortable plus I have HPV. So, I do not know if that is associated with the smell too. BTW is BV contagious?

Dr. Tara Devi

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

BV (bacterial vaginosis) is not a sexually transmitted infection. You must be having associated fungal infections causing itching. Take tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times daily for one week. Take capsule Clotrimazole vaginal pessary at bedtime for a week. Drink plenty of water.Keep your perineal area dry.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »