Q. Is there any way to treat BV while being 34 weeks pregnant?

Dr. Tara Devi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 21, 2019

Is there any way that I can treat BV while being 34 weeks pregnant? I had Metronidazole gel and suppositories and they did not work. The smell is pretty uncomfortable plus I have HPV. So, I do not know if that is associated with the smell too. BTW is BV contagious?

Dr. Tara Devi

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

BV (bacterial vaginosis) is not a sexually transmitted infection. You must be having associated fungal infections causing itching. Take tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times daily for one week. Take capsule Clotrimazole vaginal pessary at bedtime for a week. Drink plenty of water.Keep your perineal area dry.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|