Q. Am I having recurrent BV because of unprotected sex?

Answered by Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bacterial Vaginosis or Antibiotics? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have recurring BV and I do not know why. I have stopped taking baths, I do not douche, I never use any scented products. I am in a monogamous relationship. I just realized that my fiance washes his penis with shampoo, and we have unprotected sex. Could this be why I cannot seem to get rid of it?