Q. Am I having recurrent BV because of unprotected sex?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

I have recurring BV and I do not know why. I have stopped taking baths, I do not douche, I never use any scented products. I am in a monogamous relationship. I just realized that my fiance washes his penis with shampoo, and we have unprotected sex. Could this be why I cannot seem to get rid of it?

#

BV (bacterial vaginosis) is not a sexually transmitted disease. It is just an abnormal change in your normal bacterial flora. I would recommend using tablet Metronidazole 2000 mg once or you can use Clindamycin 5 % vaginal creams once for five days. That is available over the counter. Also, avoid using unnecessary antibiotics. Get your diabetes checked if you are gaining weight. Sometimes, use of probiotics is also helpful in some people.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|