Q. My vaginal lip was red and swollen. Would that have been from friction?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 09, 2021

My doctor gave me antibiotic for bacterial vaginosis. I just finished the last pill before three days. Then, I was a bit irritated down there. Now, I have my period. So, I had dry humping with pants on. Shortly after, my vagina was irritated and I checked it out. One side of my lip was red and swollen. I felt a lump. I was itchy, irritated and sore. The area was also a little dry. The other side was not irritated at all. Could it have been from friction?

#

• Yes, the reason could be friction. Also, you also have an infection and that may have caused this.
  • Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist internally. Avoid having sex till then.
  • Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids.
  • Wash your private parts with regular tap water every time you use the washroom.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|