Q. Inspite of brushing many times a day, why am I getting bad breath?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Dec 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 16, 2019

I brush two times a day, and also whenever I wake up from small nap, I brush my teeth. But, my mouth smells after 30 minutes of brushing. Please help.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Start using antibacterial or Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash. This is best for bad breath, stinking mouth and halitosis. Use three times a day for two weeks.

Another very helpful method for the cure of bad breath is saline water mouth rinses. Take a small cup of lukewarm water and add 1/4th teaspoon of salt in it. Do rinses three times for ten days. This will help.

But chronic halitosis or mouth stinking are not a healthy thing. You must get the cause for it identified, whether it is due to any systemic problem like acidity, stomach ulcer, etc., or due to mouth breathing habit or due to poor oral hygiene. Try to fix the problem accordingly first. If you need scaling, get it done and then start with mouth wash or rinses, you will get rid of bad breath for good.

Followup after two weeks.

Note: Excessive and harsh brushing may damage your teeth. If your oral hygiene is good you need to brush only twice a day with a gentle hand.

Is Sensodyne suggested for bad breath and yellow teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with breath odor and yellowish teeth. How to solve this problem? Can I use Sensodyne toothpaste?  Read Full »

Homeopathic Medicines for Halitosis (Bad Breath)

Article Overview: Halitosis or bad breath is a mouth condition, where the patient complains of unpleasant smell from the oral cavity. It may be related to both systemic and oral conditions. About 85 % of cases belong to oral conditions like poor oral hygiene, certain foods, dentures, dry mouth, tobacco products, and medical conditions. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

An unpleasant smell from the mouth or bad breath is called halitosis, which is caused by eating certain food, dry mouth, poor oral hygiene, alcohol or tobacco use, or by some chronic medical conditions. What Are the Risk Factors and Causes for Halitosis? 1. Food like garlic, spicy foods, cheese, f...  Read Article

Kindly suggest a solution for long term halitosis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Consulted many doctors and they could not find out the reason. Please help me.  Read Full »