Q. Inspite of brushing many times a day, why am I getting bad breath?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 16, 2019

I brush two times a day, and also whenever I wake up from small nap, I brush my teeth. But, my mouth smells after 30 minutes of brushing. Please help.

#

Start using antibacterial or Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash. This is best for bad breath, stinking mouth and halitosis. Use three times a day for two weeks.

Another very helpful method for the cure of bad breath is saline water mouth rinses. Take a small cup of lukewarm water and add 1/4th teaspoon of salt in it. Do rinses three times for ten days. This will help.

But chronic halitosis or mouth stinking are not a healthy thing. You must get the cause for it identified, whether it is due to any systemic problem like acidity, stomach ulcer, etc., or due to mouth breathing habit or due to poor oral hygiene. Try to fix the problem accordingly first. If you need scaling, get it done and then start with mouth wash or rinses, you will get rid of bad breath for good.

Followup after two weeks.

Note: Excessive and harsh brushing may damage your teeth. If your oral hygiene is good you need to brush only twice a day with a gentle hand.

|