Q. What is the reason for bad breath?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Dec 20, 2018

I am 25 years old having bad breath. And I have consulted many dentists for treatment. But no one has any idea about what problem is actually causing bad breath. I usually brush my teeth 2 to 3 times daily.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

You can opt for the following treatments stepwise. Start using antibacterial or Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash. This is best for bad breath or stinking mouth and halitosis. Use three times a day for two weeks. Another very helpful method for the cure of bad breath is saline water mouth rinses. (Take a small cup of lukewarm water, add 1/4th teaspoon of salt in it). Do these rinses three times a day for 10 days. It will help. But chronic halitosis or mouth stinking is not a healthy thing. You must get the cause identified. This bad breath can be due to any systemic problem (like acidity, stomach ulcer, etc.), mouth breathing habit, poor oral hygiene. Try to fix the problem accordingly first. If you need scaling, get it done and then start with mouthwash or mouthrinses. You will get rid of bad breath soon. Two times brushing of teeth in a day is quite enough, excessive brushing can damage the enamel of your teeth. You can give followup after two weeks. Along with a close picture of your teeth with gums can help me diagnose your cause of mouth stinking more properly.

What can be done for bad breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bad breath problem. I really feel a bad breath in my mouth when I wake up early in the morning.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. There are two main general reasons for halitosis (bad breath) related to oral cavity or teeth and the second one is related to the stomach. For oral cavity related you need to check for any cavity, accumulat...  Read Full

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full >>

Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full

How to stop teeth from tingling?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fuzzy feeling in my teeth. Kind of like a tingling it is not really pain but it sends chills through my gums and it has been going on for like four days. How should I stop it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try using Sensodyne sensitive or any toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Apply toothpaste on teeth that are giving you tingling sensations for 2 or 3 minutes like cream then after it do gentle brushing, not vigorous one. Follow this routine for two weeks. Use Chlorhexidine mo...  Read Full