Q. There are some itchy painful foul smelling bumps on penis. Is that STD?

Answered by Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Balanitis or Bumps On Penis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have something on my penis. It started a couple days ago after I had unprotected sex. I am uncircumcised. It is not the first time I have noticed something like this happen and I always get concerned. It feels very itchy, and also hurts. It does not feel painful when I urinate. There is also a foul smell. It started as feeling sore and irritation, and then little bumps came out, and after that, it seems like the bumps look like sores. I have gotten tested for STD but HSV 1 and 2 were not in that panel. I have also been looked at and the doctor said balanitis. But there are two different examples of when it happens and the one I am concerned with today does not appear to look like the balanitis.