Q. There are some itchy painful foul smelling bumps on penis. Is that STD?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have something on my penis. It started a couple days ago after I had unprotected sex. I am uncircumcised. It is not the first time I have noticed something like this happen and I always get concerned. It feels very itchy, and also hurts. It does not feel painful when I urinate. There is also a foul smell. It started as feeling sore and irritation, and then little bumps came out, and after that, it seems like the bumps look like sores. I have gotten tested for STD but HSV 1 and 2 were not in that panel. I have also been looked at and the doctor said balanitis. But there are two different examples of when it happens and the one I am concerned with today does not appear to look like the balanitis.

#

Presently the clinical photographs are not suggestive of herpes genitalis. Looks more like balanitis. In herpes genitalis there will be clean looks ulcers without slough, also there will be a pain. Herpes genitalis should subside with 5 to 7 days. Consider application of Mupirocin 2 % cream twice daily with Clotrimazole 1 % cream twice daily. Also, an oral antihistamine can be taken to relieve itching. I would advise you to visit dermatologist personally and if this is a recurrent problem, clinical examination is important. Protected sexual intercourse is advisable.

|