Q. There are some itchy painful foul smelling bumps on penis. Is that STD?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Jan 04, 2019

I have something on my penis. It started a couple days ago after I had unprotected sex. I am uncircumcised. It is not the first time I have noticed something like this happen and I always get concerned. It feels very itchy, and also hurts. It does not feel painful when I urinate. There is also a foul smell. It started as feeling sore and irritation, and then little bumps came out, and after that, it seems like the bumps look like sores. I have gotten tested for STD but HSV 1 and 2 were not in that panel. I have also been looked at and the doctor said balanitis. But there are two different examples of when it happens and the one I am concerned with today does not appear to look like the balanitis.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Presently the clinical photographs are not suggestive of herpes genitalis. Looks more like balanitis. In herpes genitalis there will be clean looks ulcers without slough, also there will be a pain. Herpes genitalis should subside with 5 to 7 days. Consider application of Mupirocin 2 % cream twice daily with Clotrimazole 1 % cream twice daily. Also, an oral antihistamine can be taken to relieve itching. I would advise you to visit dermatologist personally and if this is a recurrent problem, clinical examination is important. Protected sexual intercourse is advisable.

Please suggest treatment for candidal balanitis.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again.  Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness aft...  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor because balanitis has several other causes as well and fungal infection is one of them. Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar done and please send me a few details: Have you noticed any swellings in your groin area ? Do you ...  Read Full

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not going in favour of herpes.It looks like initial stages of penile lichen planus (attachment has been removed to protect patient identity). Herpes genitalis starts with a fluid filled blisters and do not remain for so long. For more information consult a derma...  Read Full