Q. What are those non-itchy, multiplying bumps on penis?

Published on May 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2019

I have noticed these bumps and spots on the bar of my boyfriend's penis. It does not seem to cause any discomfort to him such as itching or sensitive to touch. We have been sexually active supposedly monogamous for a year. I noted the first one about three months ago and they seem to be multiplying. Should I, or we, be concerned? Thank you so much.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and descriptions.

These lesions seem to be genital warts (condyloma acuminata).

It is a contagious disease, caused by human papilloma virus. Generally, two thirds of individuals who have sexual contact with a partner with condyloma acuminata develop lesions within three months.

Oral, laryngeal or tracheal mucosal lesions are transferred by oral-genital contact and anal intercourse can transfer lesions in perianal area.

Needs to rule out immunosuppression by doing certain investigation like HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen), anti-HCV (anti-hepatitis C Virus), HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory).

Treatment plan includes radiofrequency cautery, chemical cautery (30% TCA - trichloro acetic acid), CO2 laser and topical Imiquimod applications.

Review after one month if required.

Revert back after a month to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full

I have wart-like lesions in my left groin. Are they genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, There are soft wart-like lesions in my left groin region. A picture is attached for your reference. It is itchy on and off and it is mildly painful. Is this a genital wart?  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, they seem like warts. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?

Query: Hi doctor, Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital warts over the pubic area is a common presentation of the advent and use of condoms. As condoms provide protection to the genitalia, the incidence is lower in such sites. However, the skin over the pubic area remains unprotected and can come in contact wit...  Read Full