Q. I am getting recurrent bump on labia with no pus. Should I worry about that?

Dr. Sree Gouri. S. R

I have a bump on my labia , it does not hurt and it is not too big but I have had one before so because it is reoccurring. I am a bit nervous. It is close to where I shave so I am hoping it is just a dull razor issue or a pimple but the fact that I had it before is concerning to me. I have not tried to pop it and it does not look like it is filled with pus or anything, it is also flesh colored.

I know it is hard to give me a diagnosis since you cannot see me, but I was wondering for some insight on what this could be because I know self-diagnosing myself is not the right thing to do. I do plan on seeing a doctor but seeing with the virus going on right now I cannot make an appointment so this is my only hope to get some kind of answer to ease my mind for the time being.

#

Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern.

According to your history, there is a possibility that the lesion you described could be a Bartholin,s cyst. But as you mentioned by direct examination only we can make the exact diagnosis.

Now at this situation what you can do is, if it is painful please go for some analgesic drugs. You can take a sitz bath with lukewarm water and with few ml of disinfectant liquid like Dettol. With this the symptoms of inflammation can be relieved and size of the lesion can be decreased. You can do this twice a day for three days.

If the lesion persists or recurs you may need to consult a local gynecologist for examination and treatment.

|