Q. I am suffering from excessive belching for the last 5 years. Please help me diagnose my stomach problem.

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

• I am a 29 year old male.
  • I am suffering from excessive belching for the last 5 years.
  • I have done endoscopy and the doctor suggested me acid reflux capsules Nexpro RD 20.
  • I have been taking one capsule every morning before meal, but still I have excessive belching problem. Those capsules helped me only 40%.
  • I used to drink a lot of alcohol in the past. About four times a week when I was 18 years old. But I quit the habit at 21 years.
  • I used to smoke a lot, about 4-5 times a day from the age of 14 years to 26 years.
  • These days I am very careful that I do not smoke, I do not drink, I do not have chewing gum, hard candies, etc.
  • There is excessive gas in my stomach and I feel very uncomfortable.

Please help me diagnose my stomach problem.

#

• You seem to have acidity.
  • Please take Nexpro RD 20 (Esomeprazole) every day in the morning on empty stomach and do not eat or drink anything for the next 30 minutes.
  • Diet should be less in spice and if you have to eat spicy food then please take curds after the meal.
  • You should sit up for 30 minutes after food to avoid acid reflux and belching.
  • Try keeping the head end of your bed 6 inches above the foot end.
  • Have frequent small meals every 3 to 4 hours during when awake and do not have heavy meal.
  • Smoking and drinking alcohol should be completely stopped.
  • Drink adequate amount of fluids and water.

For further follow up, consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|