Q. I am skinny, but have a big belly. Why?

Dr. Mir Osman Ali
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2021

I am a 28 year old male. My weight is 62 kg and height is 5'10". I am skinny, but I have a big belly. I am following good diet. I do not drink or smoke. I do exercise regularly.

#

You have an excellent question which I am glad to answer.

• It is nice to see that your height and weight are normal and you have good nutrition. But, you still have a big belly.
  • The common causes are slow metabolism of the body to break down fats, lack of exercise making the abdominal muscles weak and saggy, sedentary lifestyle and the rare cause can be diabetes.
  • The solution is that you join the gym and start cardio exercises and light weight exercises for at least half an hour a day. Do abs crunches exercises, start with 10 and increase slowly every day to 50 to 100.
  • Another thing is to increase your protein intake by taking at least two egg whites per day plus a good multivitamin. Please avoid foods rich in cholesterol.
  • Also to be on the safe side, get a sugar test called GRBS (glucose random blood sugar) done after 2 hours of having food. If it is normal, then you are ready to go.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|