Q. My sister's beta hCG is 246. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Dr. Garima Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a question related to my sister. She has missed her period, and when we consulted her doctor, he suggested BHCG level. Initially, it was 226 and on repeating it was 246. She is feeling weak and suffering from some bleeding. She had her last period before two months.

#

• It is a positive test for pregnancy.
  • Please repeat her beta-hCG and let me know the report. It could be either ectopic pregnancy or a failing pregnancy.

Revert with the report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Why am I having black or brown discharge instead of my periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I have to get my periods this week. But I am getting black or brown discharge. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Does my hCG level indicate failing intrauterine or ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant about five weeks. However, my Hb is 13.2 but beta hCG is 106.2 and after 48 hours it was 108.4. Is it failing intrauterine or ectopic? Or what should I do now? Currently, I am not taking any medicine.  Read Full »

Does sex during the date of period result in ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a query about my period. My actual due date for my period was 28th of last month. I had unprotected sex on the 27th. I waited two days for my period and I took emergency contraceptive on the last minute to 72 hour. My period got delayed for eight days and got it on the 5th of thi...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»