Q. Why is my hCG value too low?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2020

My last LMP was 17th. As my periods delayed seven days, I had a pregnancy test. The beta HCG value was 355.30 mIU/mL. Why the value is too low than the normal range? Is this something to worry?

#

• The human chorionic gonadotropin - HCG levels increase progressively. Actually, one value of hCG in itself is not significant. No diagnosis can be made based on one value.
  • If you get another blood HCG test done after 48 hours and the value doubles compared to this value, then one can safely say that the pregnancy is safe and growing healthy.
  • The current hCG value only indicates a pregnancy. To confirm whether it is a healthy pregnancy or not, whether it is an ectopic or molar pregnancy a repeat test should be done in 48 hours.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|