Q. I am 6 weeks pregnant, and I have slight vaginal bleeding. Please help.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2021

I am 6 weeks pregnant. From last two days, I am having light bleeding. I could see the bleeding when I clean the area with a tissue, but I do not see any bleeding in the sanitary pad. Yesterday I got an ultrasound, and it showed pregnancy sac and a fetus with heartbeats. The doctor said the fetus is smaller than the actual size. From today morning, I am again having slight bleeding. My doctor is not suggesting any medicine to stop this bleeding. Kindly let me know if the bleeding is normal and please advise me what needs to be done.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• Frankly speaking, the bleeding is not normal, and obviously, this carries a higher risk for miscarriage or demise of the fetus. Your ultrasound also showed subnormal growth of the fetus. Now you are apprehensive and want to know whether this can be managed, and bleeding can be stopped.
  • Well, I must tell you that there is a truly minimal scope of any medicine here. Yes, that can be the reason you were not prescribed any Progesterone or other forms of medicine for stopping the bleed.
  • You need to follow two things now. First, take rest and avoid sex, if you feel the bleeding is more, then go to the ER. Second, if the bleeding is minimal, go for a repeat scan after two weeks.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|