Q. I have a swelling on gums and it bleeds when I touch. Please help.

Dr. Honey Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I woke up this morning with this dried up blood in between my upper front teeth and blood comes out when I touch it. It does not hurt, and when I brush my teeth, I can see it move. I have not noticed any changes in my gums or teeth. My gums usually bleed when the bristles of my toothbrush scrape against them. I am going to make an appointment with a dentist. But, I am a little freaked out about this as I am only 20. When I ate something earlier, it inflated a little bit, popped and bled without any pain.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

I have viewed the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like there is a deep infection in the gums in that localized area and there can also be periodontal pocket formation.
  • You need not worry as it is not a big deal or something to be worried.
  • You should get a deep scaling and curettage done followed by a course of antibiotics like Metronidazole and antiseptic mouthwash gargle. Do warm saline gargle. Also, gum paint massage will help.

Periodontitis.

Deep gum infection.

Use a soft toothbrush to brush your teeth.

For further information consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

How can I get relief from severe gum pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 56 year old male. I have been diagnosed with gingivitis and taking medicines like Metrogyl, Amoxyllin, and Relaxon since two days. But, it is very painful today. What do I do?  Read Full »

Kindly give some insight on how everyday habits affect the teeth.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the everyday habits that could affect our teeth? I want to get some insight on how certain practices such as smoking, biting nail, opening things with the mouth, etc., affect the teeth.  Read Full »

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full »