Q. What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Jun 02, 2016

I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

• It is called localized peridontitis, which occur sometimes if there was food impaction between the two teeth or some prolonged infection due to plaque and calculus deposition.
  • You should use warm saline gargle thrice a day for a week.
  • Use an oral anesthetic gel to feel free from pain and heal faster.

For further doubts consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Is Augmentin 625 safe to take during the third week of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am three weeks pregnant, and I am suffering from a chest infection. So an ENT specialist doctor prescribed Augmentin 625 tablet. I wanted to know if it is safe to use this antibiotic, as I am pregnant.  Read Full »

I have white debris on the inner side of my cheeks. Is it possible to scrap it off?

Query: Hi doctor, I have white debris on the inner surface of my cheeks, where teeth rub the cheeks and lower lip. Is it possible to scrape off this debris? Today after brushing and cleaning the debris, I had bleeding from my mouth. On examining, I found two fissures inside my left cheek, the whole left c...  Read Full »

Please give a solution for an infected tooth.

Query: Hi doctor, My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.  Read Full »