Q. What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2020

I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.

#

• It is called localized peridontitis, which occur sometimes if there was food impaction between the two teeth or some prolonged infection due to plaque and calculus deposition.
  • You should use warm saline gargle thrice a day for a week.
  • Use an oral anesthetic gel to feel free from pain and heal faster.

For further doubts consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

hello Dr, Thanks. I have undergone deep cleaning and it was cured. But again I got gum swelling on one teeth...itz paining so much...can you pls suggest.
# hello
you might require a small periodontal surgery at the particular site as the gums are severely infected at that particular point.
you should get a Periodontist opinion and if he suggests to do Flap Surgery then do it.
use Betadine Mouthwash two times daily.
take an Xray of the tooth to check whether the pulp of the tooth is also involved. send me the Xray if possible.
thank you

|