Q. Can bloating and headache be due to stomach problem?

Dr. Sandhya

I am female, age 39, height 5' 3", weight about 89 kg. I feel bloated most of the time and sometime get headache. If I have burning sensation in feet, I take Mucaine syrup sometimes. I also feel slight pain on left arm. I feel this is due to gas or stomach problem. Help me to cure it.

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Firstly, I would like to assure you that you are right about the problem being a gastric problem. In medical terms, it is called gastritis. Having said that, since you have mentioned the presence of slight pain along your left arm, I would suggest you take an ECG at any clinic. There is nothing to worry about. It is always good to rule out the possibility of any underlying problems.

As of now, you need to follow the below advice. It is very important to make lifestyle changes before succumbing to medications for treating gastritis. Having mentioned your BMI, it seems to be on the more obese scale. You need to keep a check on your weight. The first step is to make diet modifications. You need to consider a more balanced diet in the most practical way possible. Start having three meals a day, each meal should be consumed four hours apart. Each meal should consist of one portion each of a carbohydrate, a protein, and a fat source. For example, breakfast could include a brown bread, boiled or poached egg (not fried), and vegetable fillings. Include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet. You can add a fresh orange or mixed fruit juice (made at home), along with the breakfast. You can also end the day with a bowl of fruit salad. Try to start the day with any detox drinks, like warm water with lemon, honey, and ginger. You need to consume at least two glasses of water before moving to breakfast. Make sure to have at least 8 to 9 glasses of water in a day. Cut down on any hot beverages like tea or coffee. Avoid dairy, including milk, cheese, etc.

Next step is to maintain a good physical health through physical activity. Start with walking daily for one hour in the morning or evening. You can also choose to practice yoga. It helps with gastritis and helps maintain an energetic lifestyle. Later, include aerobics and cardio and power exercises. It is very important to exercises at least three times a week. It helps in bloating and maintaining good health. Start taking capsule Pantoprazole 40 mg twice daily for two weeks. Make sure you carry out the lifestyle modifications simultaneously. Try to avoid, lentils, dal, and chickpeas for a short period of time. They would cause gastritis. Try including a lot of home-made soups and juices in your diet too. Do not worry, you will completely be alright. You just need to follow the above advice. Stay healthy and positive.

|