Q. How to know the reason for blood in my stool?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2021

I got blood in the stool. I was doing a job in night shift and daily I ate guava and papaya. Please help.

#

• The stool sample should be sent for microscopic examination, routine and microscopy, to see if it is blood or not.
  • It could be colitis or gastroenteritis. The stool test will make it clear whether there is an infection or it is just due to the disturbed gastrointestinal flora.
  • Our gut consists of its environment of micro organism called gut flora. They are responsible for proper digestion of food. Once the flora is depleted by toxins, then many of gastrointestinal symptoms like loss of appetite, feeling of fullness, bloating, belching, etc., can be there.
  • I would suggest you take a good probiotic for two weeks. It will again replenish the depleted flora. Once the flora is replenished, then the intestinal motility and secretions will be improved.
  • Along with it, I suggest digestive enzymes like Papain and Amylase can be taken twice daily before taking food for a week. Silymarin a potent liver tonic can also be taken for a few days. Also, Isabgol husk two teaspoons twice daily.
  • Eat a lot of fiber in diet 30 to 40 g per day and yogurt. Avoid burger, pizza, and spicy food. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

Revert with the reports to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|