Q. I pass blood in stools with occasional pain. Why?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I am 21 years old. My problem is whenever I pass stool, I saw blood in excess amount. When I put my finger inside anus I feel pimples in my anus. Due to this problem I have difficulty in passing stools and it is painful sometimes. I pass something white from my anus. Please tell me what my problem is? Whatever I eat, I cannot digest properly and most of the time I am taking only fruits. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Blood in the stools is an alarming sign. I can explain you the possibilities but they are all in vain unless a doctor examines you by putting his/her finger inside the anal canal and see what is the cause of this bleeding.

Given your history of constipation, with significant weight issues, there is a possibility of internal hemorrhoids. However, there are other causes as well which could justify your problem of bleeding in stools, namely, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), solitary rectal ulcer syndrome (SRUS), and anal fissures.

I want to know for how long you have this bleeding? Did you ever see a doctor in person? And did they perform a digital rectal examination (DRE), or examination of your bottom area with an instrument called proctoscope? How many bowel movements you have in a week? Do you lose some weight while this illness? Or stable weight or gaining weight? Are you on some health supplements? Herbal medications? Or painkillers like Dicloran or Ibuprofen? Any of your siblings, parents, or other close relatives having bleeding in stools issues in young age?

For now, you can use capsule Tranexamic acid 1 gm twice daily for three days. Start Hedensa cream for local application thrice daily. Avoid constipation by using regular fiber in diet, or use Ispagol husk two tablespoons with water daily.

Let me know the above informations, I would help you with a definite treatment.

|