Q. Can blood in urine indicate cancer?

I am a 30 years old, male. No smoker. A blood and urine test was done for me recently and the blood test was all fine, but there was blood in my urine (Ur RBC 155 Cells/uL), a more specific urin test was done after still showing (66 Cells/uL) of which 97% are isomorphic and of which only two were white blood cells. Further a CT urogram was done, were no stones were found or anything else suspicious.

What could be possible reasons? There are still a lot of other explanations, but cancer, right? What should be my next steps? I do not know of any of the following things can be related: I had a kind of a cold for months already, but nothing seriously. Mostly just a runny nose and a bit tired. I had my ankle hurt a month ago and on and off it still hurts and gets swollen again. I feel slight discomfort around my bladder and urethra but mostly since, I got these results and maybe I just paying too much attention to that part now.

#

Firstly, likelihood of any malignant cancer is less likely because you do not have risk factors, no symptoms, young age and CTurogram in normal. Within three months period cancer would have increased in size and became detectable. So you are probably having some benign cause and most probably some arteriovenous malformations, venous lesions or small mucosal bleeds, calcium and uric acid in urine. Next step is your 24 hour urinary calcium and uric acid levels, and also urethroscopy and cystoscopy which will complete the evaluation and usually yields the diagnosis in most cases. Urologist does these tests. You continue to drink plenty of water and liquids.

|