Q. What does my blood test for excess gas release indicate?

Yesterday, I took the blood test because of excess gas release and in that my red blood cells showed some impressions. Please help. I have attached my report. I am afraid and shivering. Is there any problem in my blood test?

#

Your CBC report is normal and does not suggest a specific abnormality. The red blood cell count is within the limit so do not worry about that. In the attached report, serum amylase and lipase are elevated (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So pancreas inflammation has to be ruled out. For that, you need to investigate with ultrasonography of the abdomen.

Meanwhile, symptomatic management has to be done. For stomach pain, Rabeprazole antacid has to be prescribed. For gas problem Simethicone containing tablet or syrup has to be prescribed. After one week, repeat your serum B12 level. It is water soluble vitamin, so mostly it will bring down to the normal level after a few days. I suggest you consult a nearby physician for detailed evaluation.

In peripheral blood smear, RBC is normocytic normochromic. Is it normal?

#

Yes, normocytic normochromic RBC can be considered normal. Do not worry about that.

|