Q. What does my blood test for excess gas release indicate?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Feb 26, 2019

Yesterday, I took the blood test because of excess gas release and in that my red blood cells showed some impressions. Please help. I have attached my report. I am afraid and shivering. Is there any problem in my blood test?

Hematology Pathology
#

Your CBC report is normal and does not suggest a specific abnormality. The red blood cell count is within the limit so do not worry about that. In the attached report, serum amylase and lipase are elevated (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So pancreas inflammation has to be ruled out. For that, you need to investigate with ultrasonography of the abdomen.

Meanwhile, symptomatic management has to be done. For stomach pain, Rabeprazole antacid has to be prescribed. For gas problem Simethicone containing tablet or syrup has to be prescribed. After one week, repeat your serum B12 level. It is water soluble vitamin, so mostly it will bring down to the normal level after a few days. I suggest you consult a nearby physician for detailed evaluation.

In peripheral blood smear, RBC is normocytic normochromic. Is it normal?

Hematology Pathology
#

Yes, normocytic normochromic RBC can be considered normal. Do not worry about that.

I run out of breath while taking stairs. What is going on?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed with hypertension and tachycardia. Every time I walk up the stairs or walk I feel like I am running out of breath. I could hear my heart throbbing in my right ear. It started four months back. I am obsessed also. Please let me know what is going on. Currently, I am...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now