Q. I have an eye pain after I got hit by a toy bullet. Do I need to visit a doctor?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Published on Jul 16, 2017

I have severe pain in and around the eye after I got hit by a toy gun bullet unexpectedly. There is a slight redness in the cornea and a pricking sensation below the eye ball.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• As it is a blunt trauma, you have to be treated immediately. Pain is a significant symptom which needs to be evaluated soon because it could be due to superficial tears or abrasions.
  • You will need a slit lamp examination. Later, you will also need a retina screening to be done.
  • I suggest you consult an ophthalmologist so that he/she can examine your eye under magnification.
  • Until then you can take these medicines:
  1. Eye drops Moxifloxacin three to four times a day.
  2. Eye drops Systane Ultra (lubricant eye drops) twice a day
  3. Tablet Paracetamol once a day.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full »

My eyes are sore after using contact lens. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I accidentally put a daily contact for astigmatism in my eye, but I do not have astigmatism. I took it out right after because it really hurts. But, my eyeball is still sore. Could it have caused damage?  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »