Q. I am pregnant and I am unable to sit or stand due to pain. Please suggest.

Dr. Catherine Bevington
Published on Nov 08, 2017

I am 23 weeks pregnant. I am having butt pain from two days. I am unable to sit or stand. Please suggest what to do.

#

• It probably comes from your ligaments becoming looser, getting ready for birth. It is very common in pregnancy.
  • I suggest you take Paracetamol 1 g up to four times a day (safe in pregnancy). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • Look on the internet for back stretches. There are few websites which have a good section on back pain in pregnancy.
  • Also, you could consult a physiotherapist or chiropractor who can be very helpful.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The day when a hip replacement is done, that day itself, other joint movements should be started as early as possible. First, non-weight-bearing physiotherapy should be done, followed by partial and full weight-bearing exercises. Non-weight bearing movements should be don...  Read Full

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full >>

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This dose is really too high. You should not take medicines like this without a proper prescription from your doctor. You may have an acute liver failure. Stop them right now and take a high-carbohydrate diet for the next five to seven days. ...  Read Full

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full >>

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing the brief history of your daughter. I am sorry firstly to hear that your daughter is being diagnosed with Erb's palsy. Well, I would suggest you to continue physiotherapy for atleast three days a week as it will be of good help for her. Usuall...  Read Full

Ask a Rheumatologist Now