Q. I am pregnant and I am unable to sit or stand due to pain. Please suggest.

Dr. Catherine Bevington

I am 23 weeks pregnant. I am having butt pain from two days. I am unable to sit or stand. Please suggest what to do.

#

• It probably comes from your ligaments becoming looser, getting ready for birth. It is very common in pregnancy.
  • I suggest you take Paracetamol 1 g up to four times a day (safe in pregnancy). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • Look on the internet for back stretches. There are few websites which have a good section on back pain in pregnancy.
  • Also, you could consult a physiotherapist or chiropractor who can be very helpful.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

| 

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now