Q. What could be the boil on the vaginal vestibule with pain and burning sensation?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I have a small painful ball near the vaginal vestibule. It is not paining when untouched but the skin around is paining. I have undergone hysterectomy where both my uterus and ovaries are removed four months back and they performed a biopsy. For a week, I have this pain while going to urine, then I observed a ball.

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), they are fine and no malignancy has been indicated. Do not worry. As I understand, there is no relationship between the surgeries you underwent and now the ball which have found near the vaginal vestibule.

Is there any itching? Any rise in temperature in the area around? Can you please share a picture? Any burning sensation while urination?

Please give me the details and if possible a picture, so that I can write the best possible medicines.

| 

There is no itching, and there is a burning sensation only if I touch but not on urination. It is placed at the left side of the lower lip. While applying ointment and touching I have burning sensation.

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It can be folliculitis. You can take Paracetamol for pain relief. Keep the area clean and dry. It will heal as you are already applying some antibiotic cream I think. If you have a burning sensation, you can apply Ligocaine jelly around.

|