Q. What could the lump on my tarsal foot bone be?

Answered by Dr. Firas Arnaout and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bony Spurs or Ganglion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What could the lump on my tarsal foot bone be?

I am concerned about a bone lump on my right foot in the tarsal area, probably talus, or calcaneus. I am not really sure. It is located on the right side of my right foot below the ankle joint. I am attaching pictures of me pointing at the spot. There is a small ganglion near it but I am not concerned about that. The bone lump is what that is troubling me. There is no pain at all almost. It is there mainly when I drive and use the gas pedal a lot.

I know about it for more than half a year, but it was there probably longer. It is smooth when I press on it and kind of round and hard as a bone. I have had some x-rays done on my feet, it was some time ago but the lump was there back then. My biggest concern is that this could be some kind of bone cancer. I am also sending the x-ray files of both of my feet. Could you have a look at them?