Q. My period blood entered into rectum while removing my stool out. Will it cause bowel endometriosis?

Published on Dec 02, 2019

I had endometriosis on my ovaries and I did surgery. But I have a problem with my bowel and sometimes I need to wear gloves and use oil with my finger to take the stool out. But a couple of times when I had my periods some of the blood stuck to my finger as I was trying to get the stool out so it entered my rectum. I was just wondering if it is possible to get bowel endometriosis that way?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I understand your concern about the problems in bowel movements. I think there is some endometriosis island or adhesions or deep endometriosis in the pouch of Douglas, the lowest end in the pelvis, lying just in front of rectum, anus and behind the cervix. The kinking has altered the rhythmic flow of the bowel contents.

You can have injection Leuprolide 3.75 mg monthly once, intramuscularly three to six doses. This will temporarily clear any endometriosis and deep endometriosis. Following this period either have medications to stop the period if you are not planning for pregnancy. If pregnancy is in plan, get pregnant as soon as possible. So periods will stop for 10 months.

| 

What is Meganblase syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lots of burping and trapped gas and acidity from four years recently. The doctor has done acid reflux surgery and paraumbilical hernia surgery, but still, sometimes I suffer burping and shortness of breath, I fell my gas trapped, when I pass gas I fell good sometim...  Read Full »

Endometriosis

Article Overview: Are you suffering from severe menstrual cramps, heavy bleeding, acute back pain, and pelvic pain? These can be signs of endometriosis. Read the article to know more about this condition Read Article

Dr. Divya Banu M

What Is Endometriosis? Endometriosis is one of the common conditions faced by females. It occurs when the lining of uterus or womb is present on other organs, commonly present on the lower abdomen or pelvis. But, it can be present anywhere inside the body. What Causes Endometriosis? The exact rea...  Read Article

Have I developed laxative dependency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am contacting you regarding my bowel issues. About five years ago, I began taking moderate to high doses of Magnesium to ease my heart palpitations. This caused my stools to be very loose and easy to pass. I would normally have 2 to 3 bowel movements a day. Beginning last year, I st...  Read Full »