Q. My breast is shrinking in size and my right breast is larger than the left. Why?

Dr. Zubayeralam

I am a 21-year-old female, and my weight is 100 pounds. My breasts shrunk two cup sizes in three days. I have worn the same bra size for 11 years. I have had a little growth but never experienced my breast shrinking. I have neck pain, but I was diagnosed with a cyst on my spinal cord a month ago. I do not know what caused my breast to shrink to such a small size. All of the women in my family have large breasts. My right breast is larger than my left.

#

Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from shrinking breasts for the last few days. Breast shrinking may result from weight loss, hormonal dysfunction like falling estrogen levels, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) due to high testosterone levels, any growth in the breasts, breast carcinoma, etc. Treatment depends on the causes. So, we should find out the exact cause for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly. Some investigations like a mammogram, ultrasound of breasts, hormone tests like estrogen, progesterone, MRI, etc., can be done to detect the underlying cause for your present sufferings. You can do a self-examination to detect any growth or lump in your breast.

Take care.

In case of any other query, ask me.

|