Breast Infection

Should I be concerned about breast lump?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the ca...  Read Full »

I have itchy bumps in the breast with blisters filled with pus. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy bumps located on right breast with blisters filled with pus.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you attach picture of it? Are those painful? Are you sexually active or do have close contacts with other individuals or do you share any clothes? If those are multiple small vesicles aligned or grouped together, with clear fluid inside rather than pus, then th...  Read Full »

What could cause white discharge in both nipples with blisters?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 years old. and have a littl bit of white nipple disharge in both breasts but one has it a little worse and the skin on my nipple appears to be white and has little blisters on it. It does not really itch or anything but it is sore to the touch.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that you are worried about discharge from both your breasts and you are telling it has blister-like appearance. White discharge with blister-like appearance and sore to touch generally points towards an infection, but an infection occurring simultaneously in both...  Read Full »

I have an wound under my breast. Is that akind of skin cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having an open wound on the underside of the right breast. I noticed it a few days back and is continuing to grow. I would like to know what it looks like and why I get an open wound in this location. I would also like to know if skin cancer can ever display in this way. I am usi...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the image. (attachment removed to protect patients identity). It seems like a furuncle which is a skin and soft tissue infection (SSTI) and which has now burst open. I suggest you take an oral antibiotic, Amoxicillin, or Cephalexin for a week. Also, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for granulomatous mastitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I had an excisional biopsy of a lump just below my left breast last week. My biopsy report states that I have granulomatous mastitis. My surgeon has put me on an antibiotic called Claribid for three weeks. Please advice on the course of treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I concur with your surgeon's advice in principle. Though to be accurate and specific, I would like to go over your biopsy report, medical records, and surgeon's notes. So kindly follow-up with more information or continue treatment as advised by your doctor. Revert with m...  Read Full »

I got fever after c-section. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a month ago. I was in induced pain for over 16 hours and had spiked fever due to the medicines which continued after surgery along with night sweats. I was advised to take Dolo 650 and Augmentin 1000 Duo, which I continued to take for 10 to 15 days. But, I was not gettin...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist. Also, get your wound and breasts be examined by the gynecologist. Usually, this could be due to breast issues or some wound infection. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. Take care. For f...  Read Full »