HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologybreast lumpKindly give your opinion on the mammography and biopsy report of the breast lump of my mother.

From the reports, please provide the diagnosis for the breast lump.

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 19, 2021
Reviewed AtOctober 19, 2021

Patient's Query

My mother is having a lump in her right breast for the past three months. I have attached her mammography and biopsy reports. Kindly help me know her diagnosis.

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Busi Maneesha

I have gone through her report (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It shows an irregular mass in the breast, which is highly suggestive of malignancy (cancer). The lesions have the characteristic morphology of breast cancer with more than a 95% chance of being malignant. It needs an urgent biopsy to confirm the staging through which treatment is selected. The treatment options are surgical excision, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. It is advisable to elicit the associated complaints like nipple discharge, puckering of the skin, and family history of breast and ovarian cancer.

Patient's Query

Thanks for the reply.

The biopsy report is pending. And there is no history of any other complaints like nipple discharge, puckering of the skin, and family history of breast and ovarian cancer. Is her condition curable?

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Busi Maneesha

The treatment depends upon the staging of breast cancer. It needs more evaluation by MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and tumor markers which tells us the size of the tumor, its spread to other sites in the body, and the status of the lymph nodes. Stage 1 and 2 have a good prognosis, while stage 3 is promising with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. But stage 4 means the tumor had spread to other body sites, and hence the prognosis will be poor.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Busi Maneesha
Dr. Busi Maneesha

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

biopsymammogrambreast lump

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy