Fibroadenoma

I have breast lump with pain and itching. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old female, I never had any children and I have been on Depo-Provera for almost 17 years. Although I am a heavy smoker, I do not get sick very often. A few years ago I found lumps in my breast(s) which were not painful but I did visit a doctor and he said it was just t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned some years ago, there were lumps in your breast. These can indicate that you have fibroadenosis/ fibroadenoma. In some occassions since it is a hyperplastic cystic disease (where cells are multiplying rapidly), it can be a little painful. Since there w...  Read Full »

Please interpet the ultrasound report of a lump in my breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and having a lump on my breast and was advised to do an ultrasound. I have my images and would like to know if there is anything to worry about. No family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share the images for a detailed discussion.  Read Full »

Kindly interpret FNAC result of breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I am waiting to be booked for what my doctor calls a core-biopsy and it is taking too long. As I wait I would like to research and gain more information. I would like an interpretation of this report please. These are the results of a fine needle aspiration on left breast: The smears...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a picture suggestive of a fibroadenoma. It is not a malignant bump. But, FNAC identifies only the part that has been included in that needle. So to confirm, we do a trucut biopsy which tests the entire lump and is conclusive. 99 % this is a non-cancerous lump.  Read Full »

How can I cure my fibroadenomas present in breast and PCOD?

Query: Hi doctor, My sonomammography report showed fibroadenomas in the left breast in 2-1 and 3-4 clock positions measuring 8 x 2 mm and 6 x 3 mm. My USG reports showed polycystic ovaries, a cyst adjacent to left ovary, a hypoechoic lesion is seen between the uterus and the right ovary is found with broad...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For fibroadenomas, it is better to discuss with a breast specialist. Many things happen due to genetics or due to use of any specific product. Check your family history regarding gray hairs. Use natural products to color hairs like henna (Indian herbal product). For PCO...  Read Full »

Can fibroadenoma with cyst BI-RADS 2 to 3 lead to cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 49 years old was diagnosed with a fibrocystic disease of breast seven years back and was subsequently operated. Since then, she has got a cyst in both breasts. Last year, she was got USG done, and the doctor found fibroadenoma along with cyst BI-RADS (2 to 3) in the lef...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), fibrocystic disease of breast and fibroid uterus, both of them are due to hormones, mainly estrogen. When using Sevista (Ormeloxifene), the fibroid in the uterus will decrease. For breast conditio...  Read Full »

I have a painful nodule on my breast. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a nodule on my breast. It is present for more than two years. I feel pain on touching the nodule. I had an ultrasound of the breast nodule and attached the same for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are worried, but based on the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is quite clear that you have a benign lump known as fibroadenoma. It is a part of normal changes that occur in the breast with age. It can be observed as such as...  Read Full »

I have been getting period cramps but have not got periods. What can it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My period is delayed and I am sexually active. I have not had unprotected sex. The problem is 2 years back I was diagnosed with fibroadenoma . No biopsy was done but doctor told it was probably that. Now when my period got delayed, I started having period cramp ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibroadenoma is a benign breast tumor but it is hormone dependent. The pain in abdomen you described seems like a premenstrual pain. At times our periods can get delayed due to hormonal imbalance. Stress, change in environment, etc., can change or trigger a hormonal im...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for granulomatous mastitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I had an excisional biopsy of a lump just below my left breast last week. My biopsy report states that I have granulomatous mastitis. My surgeon has put me on an antibiotic called Claribid for three weeks. Please advice on the course of treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I concur with your surgeon's advice in principle. Though to be accurate and specific, I would like to go over your biopsy report, medical records, and surgeon's notes. So kindly follow-up with more information or continue treatment as advised by your doctor. Revert with m...  Read Full »

I have a breast lump. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump in between my breasts. I have had it for a couple of years. Yesterday, I noticed that it got slightly bigger. Also, it became painful and red. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous? I do not have any family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Any breast lump definitely requires evaluation for cancerous growth. However, a lot of many times, it is benign in nature called as fibroadenoma and sudden redness and pain could be due to secondary infection the fibroadenoma. However, in any cas...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Py...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles. Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduc...  Read Full »