Q. I have many lumps in breasts that are painful during periods. Are they fibroadenomas?

Dr. Roli Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have many lumps in both breasts for the last few years. All these lumps were diagnosed, and we got to know that these are fibroadenomas. But still, I am tensed. What diet should I take and how to proceed further with the treatment so that it does not turn into something worse? I have pain and tenderness in my breast sometimes.

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Fibroadenosis is a benign condition and it rarely worsens.
  • There is nothing should be done about it until it affects your quality of life. I suggest you tablet Evion (Vitamin E) once daily for a month.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I am so tensed as the size of the lump is increasing and it can spread to the entire breast. Can you please tell me how to stop the lump from growing further? What diet should I follow for this?

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• How much the size increased? Also, in how much time it increased?
  • Usually in fibroadenosis, the size does not increase. And, diet has no role here.

Revert with the answers to the above questions to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

One of the lumps is 2.5 x 1.0 x 2.1 cm or so from three years approximately. It has increased by some points.

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Increased by some points in 3 years is almost equal to not increased in size as compared to the lumps, which increase in size at a faster rate.
  • Have you ever had a FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) or biopsy of this lump?
  • If this is benign, then you do not have to do anything because it will not harm you.

| 

I did FNAC a year ago. In that report, it was written as core biopsy from left breast mass show a biphasic tumor composed of proliferating glands and fibrous stroma. How should I proceed further?

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• This report shows fibroadenoma. You need not worry.
  • It does not increase in size and will not harm you.
  • You can go for surgery only for a cosmetic purpose.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|