Q. My mother has a lump in her breast. Kindly guide.

Dr. Jatin Bhatia

My mother found a lump in her breast, which is movable and mildly painful. Then she was suggested for a mammogram, and it resulted as a mass lesion with an irregular margin of 8*10 cm birads v category. We are waiting for the biopsy result. She does not have any symptoms other than a lump, and she is very worried about the issue. Please help.

#

Mass of 8*10 cm will most likely be cancerous. If I were your treating doctor, I would first evaluate in detail the extent of the disease, with the help of examination, chest X-ray, ultrasound of the abdomen. Once confirmed that the condition is limited to the breast, her treatment options will involve surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. These days with advanced techniques, we have high cure rates for breast cancer with minimum side effects.

| 

I have a painful lump in my breast. Are my reports suggestive of a breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump on my breast that is painful. It is on the right breast, under the underarms. I was given vitamin E medicine, and I was told to get ultrasound and FNAC. I have attached both my reports. The reports say FNAC smear prepared from right breast reveal abundant neutrophils admi...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about breast lump?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an usual spot to get breast cancer?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Radiation Oncologist Now